1/2 cup dill, roughly chopped
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 cups water
Peel the cucumber. I like to alternate between skin and bare, it leaves a nice effect.
Thinly slice the cumbers and place into a bowl.
In a saucepan heat the water and sugar till the sugar has completely dissolved, remove from the heat then add the vinegar and chopped dill and stir to combine
Pour over the sweet vinegar and dill liquid and stir. Cover and place in the fridge for a couple of hours so the flavours marry together then its ready to serve.
This will keep for about a week in the fridge so just seal up the leftovers and enjoy over the following days.
Serve with sliced meats or fish either with the meals as a side salad or make one awesome sandwich with salmon, goats cheese and the pickled cucumber!
- 2 cucumbers
- ½ cup dill, roughly chopped
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 cups water
- Wash and thinly slice the cucumber and set aside in a bowl
- In a saucepan heat the water and sugar till the sugar has completely dissolved and then removed from the heat
- Add the vinegar and dill to the saucepan and stir to combine
- Pour the sweet dill liquid over the sliced cucumbers, stir and then ideally cover and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours for the flavours to marry.